To present the body of theory on which A.I. research is based. To explain and demonstrate the basic skills in Knowledge Engineering. To introduce the basic techniques and practices involved in A.I. application and to introduce the concept of natural language processing.
- Artificial Intelligence - A Modern Approach - Russell & Norvig
- Introduction to Nural Networks - P. Picton (1994)
- Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems - B. Kosko (1994)
- Understanding Computers and Cognition - Winograd & Flores (1992)
- Introduction to Expert Systems - J. Ignizio (1991)
- What every engineer should know about Artificial Intelligence - W. Taylor (1988)